super easy leek and cannellini bean soup
Serves 4 -6 | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium leeks rough ends removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of thyme (don’t we all just want a pinch more of that?)
- 1 can cannellini beans (400 grams, drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups chicken or veg stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup of chopped parsley (optional)
- salt & pepper
1. chop leeks length ways then finely slice.
2. Heat oil and butter in a deep pan, then add leek. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add garlic and thyme and cook another 2 minutes.
3. add stock and beans, and simmer for 10 mins.
4. remove half the soup and vitamise. Combine back together. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Stir through parsley and a few handfuls of fresh baby spinach if desired.